The Washington Rural Counties Insurance Program (WRCIP) is a property and liability risk pooling program for counties. WRCIP was formed in 1998 with three founding member counties. WRCIP currently insures nearly 25% of Washington State counties. There is an 8 member board, elected by the membership, which governs the program.
WRCIP contracts with Clear Risk Solutions for day-to-day administration of the program. In addition to WRCIP, Clear Risk Solutions developed and serves as the pool administrator for the Cities Insurance Association of Washington (CIAW), the Schools Insurance Association of Washington (SIAW), the Non Profit Insurance Program (NPIP), and the United Schools Insurance Program (USIP). Clear Risk Solutions has over 30 years of experience providing pool administration, underwriting, claims adjusting, and risk management services.
- Reinsurance Coverage: WRCIP self-insures losses that are manageable and predictable. Reinsurance coverage is purchased to protect the members against catastrophic claims.
- Aggregate Stop Loss Coverage: WRCIP purchases aggregate stop loss coverage to protect the pool assets against an abnormal frequency of claims in one year. This coverage minimizes the risk of any retroactive assessments if the liability losses exceed the amount budgeted and collected from the membership.
- Risk Management: WRCIP offers a comprehensive range of risk management and loss control services. By reducing claims through membership education, overall insurance costs are reduced.
- Claims / Litigation Management: Through WRCIP's program administrator, claims are adjusted and handled in-house. Aggressive third party adjusting is enhanced by their awareness of the individual needs of the membership. Members are included in the planning process and are vital to litigation settlement discussions.
- Broad Coverage / Competitive Cost: WRCIP aims to provide the broadest coverage available to counties. Controlling costs and providing stable rates throughout unpredictable insurance cycles are paramount to WRCIP. The ultimate goal of the program is to reduce losses through on-site risk education and sound fiscal management, eliminating large insurance cost fluctuations.