Washington Rural Counties Insurance Program (WRCIP)
Online Risk Management
The Washington Rural Counties Insurance Program(WRCIP) is a property and liability risk and insurance pooling program for counties. The WRCIP was formed in 1998 with three founding member counties. The WRCIP currently insures nearly 25% of Washington State counties. A Board of Directors, elected by the membership, governs the program. The Board of Directors contracts with Clear Risk Solutions, the third party administrator instrumental in forming the program, to carry out the day-to-day administrative, claims and risk management services.
- Reinsurance Coverage: The WRCIP self-insures those losses that are manageable and predictable. Reinsurance coverage is purchased to protect the members against catastrophic claims.
- Aggregate Stop Loss Coverage: The WRCIP purchases aggregate stop loss coverage to protect the pool assets against an abnormal frequency of claims in one year. This coverage minimizes the risk of any retroactive assessments, if the liability losses exceed the amount budgeted and collected from the membership.
- Risk Management: The WRCIP offers the broadest and most comprehensive range of risk management/loss control services in the industry. By reducing the number of claims through education of the membership, the overall insurance costs are reduced and remain stable for the membership year in and year out.
- Claims / Litigation Management: Through the WRCIP's administrator, claims are adjusted and handled "in-house" rather than contracting out this vital service. Aggressive third party adjusting is balanced by the need to be aware of the individual political needs of the membership. Members are included in the overall plan and are vital to litigation settlement discussions. It is the philosophy of the program to find coverage for membership claims rather than search out exclusions to avoid paying claims.
- Broad Coverage / Competitive Cost: The WRCIP provides the broadest and most comprehensive coverage available to counties. However, controlling costs and providing stable rates throughout the unpredictable insurance cycles are paramount to the WRCIP. The rates, along with coverages, are the most competitive offered. The ultimate goal of the program is to reduce the losses through on-site education and through sound fiscal management, eliminating large insurance cost fluctuations.
Third Party Administrator
The WRCIP contracts with Clear Risk Solutions for day-to-day administration of the program. In addition to the Washington Rural Counties Insurance Program, Clear Risk Solutions developed and serves as the administrator for the Cities Insurance Association of Washington, the United Schools Insurance Program, the Schools Insurance Association of Washington, and the Non Profit Insurance Program. Clear Risk Solutions has over 20 years experience providing pool administration, claims and litigation management and risk management services.